Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It has been a long time








I have had a hard time keeping up on this blog with all our other activities. I have been waiting for a time to catch up. I have decided that I am never going to catch up exactly, but since I also use this as a journal for my family I feel the need to not leave a large hole for the last 7-8 months of our lives.
September, back to school month, my 37th birthday and Glennies 9th birthday. We spent several nights a week either watching Brandon play football, Lucy playing on the 7th grade field hockey team, or Brittany playing on the JV field hockey team. Glen and I took Lucy and Glennie to Fenway park to watch the Red Soxs for his birthday. He was in heaven. We were disappointed that Youkilus took the night off, but it was a very good time. I took a trip to Arizona for a few days of scrapping with Kathy. We of course had a great time!

October, still watching fall sports of course. We also took a trip the Apple Orchard to pick apples, one of my favorite things to do in the fall. Glen and Brandon took a trip to Utah to watch conference and a BYU football game. Brandon now really, really wants to go there. Trunk or Treat with the kids at church, and trick or treating on Halloween.

November, Glen turned 44 this year, and still looking good! We also had Thanksgiving at the church so we could have the WHOLE family together and no one's house is big enough for that. Also, New Moon came out and I took the girls to the midnight showing, even though it was on a school night!
December, getting ready for Christmas kept us busy. Decorating the tree, baking, buying presents, and wrapping filled our evenings. Christmas was very nice this year, the kids were very happy with there presents and we had a really, really nice day.
January, ice skating and sledding since we have had a lot of snow here. It seems to be snowing alot this year so far. The kids are really enjoying it. We are now heavy into basketball season. Brandon is on the high school Varsity team, Brittany is on the JV team, Lucy is playing on a travel team, Glennie is on the 3rd grade rec team and is lucky enough to have his Dad be the coach this year! Lucy turns 12 and is finally out of Primary! She is loving Young Womens and they love having her!
February, the snow is quickly leaving us and we have had a very nice storm free month. Spring is coming very quickly. The ice on the lake is melting fast and we have to hang up the skates for another year. Brittany turns 15! She would like to be 16, but one more year for that thankfully!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Glad to see yu still know how to blog. I know we FB, but I like the blog forum too.